SUNDAYS (during the school year):
9:45-10:00 – Opening for younger children (Multi Purpose Room)
10:00-10:45 AM – Classes offered for Pre-K through Adult
Nursery is offered for children under age 3.
Junior Confirmation at Trinity
Our congregation believes that it is vitally important for our young people to get to know Jesus Christ and to become active participants in His Church. For us, confirmation is more than a ceremony—it is a process that helps each child’s faith progress from beginning to the beginnings of Christian maturity.
- To introduce students to Jesus Christ, their Savior.
- To give students firsthand knowledge of God’s Word, the Holy Bible.
- To prepare students for Christian adulthood.
- The Bible
- The Small Catechism of Dr. Martin Luther
- Lutheran Catechesis, a textbook by The Rev. Peter Bender
- Classroom instruction, including extensive visual aids, games, and activities.
- Memorization work
We currently use Lutheran Catechesis, a three-year confirmation program. Students may take the first two years in any order. The first two years are prerequisites for the third year.
Year 1: Old Testament knowledge (during Sunday school)
Year 2: New Testament knowledge (during Sunday school)
Year 3: Topical Studies (a weekday night, chosen by the parents & pastor):
- The Ten Commandments
- The Apostle’s Creed
- The Lord’s Prayer
- The Sacrament of Holy Baptism
- Confession & Absolution
- The Sacrament of the Altar
- Church Membership
To be confirmed, all students must:
- attend all class sessions or submit makeup work for missed sessions;
- have memorized the chief parts of the Small Catechism by the end of Year 3;
- complete an exit interview with the pastor;
- complete a public examination by the congregation’s board of elders;
- participate in the Rite of Confirmation at the end of Year 3.
If you would like more information on our confirmation program, please contact Pastor Gann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Small Group Studies
At Trinity, we believe that Christians are called to continually study God’s Word for insight and inspiration. In addition to regular adult Bible classes on Sunday mornings, we offer many study groups, both in-home small group and at the church. Here, groups of six to twelve adults meet to study and discuss scripture, and share in Christian fellowship. Newcomers are always welcome!
Current Study Groups
Friday Evening Family Bible Study (numerous)
Please contact the office (301-262-5475) for specific locations!